Tuesday, January 12, 2016

#Pokémon20: We Always Will Follow This Dream!

I know I'm working on my planned recap for Rabbits to help finish my Chinese Zodiac theme; but I felt I could write this since it just came up.

Earlier today; the 20th anniversary celebration of Pokémon has been officially set in motion via an announcement on their YouTube channel. Among other things; the year-long celebration will see the release of a host of projects and associated merchandise to mark the occasion.

Most notably is the New Nintendo 3DS with the Virtual Console rereleases of Pokémon Red and Blue preloaded onto the handheld; which will be launching the same day as the proper eShop releases on February 27, 20 years to the day of the games' initial launch in Japan.

Other notable developments are the plans to rerelease the first three movies on iTunes with digitally remastered picture and sound; as well as a new TCG line called "Generations". Rumors that the original 60-card base set would be rereleased were later debunked; but many fans have not ruled out the possibility of the more popular cards from that set being reissued (myself included).

To top it off; there will be a first in the series as a Super Bowl ad will be playing during the landmark Super Bowl L on February 7. While my plans are still the same for Pokémon-related material (fewer, more specific episodes, more movies and made-for-TV specials); I felt I would address this while the proverbial iron is hot, as it means quite a bit to me as a fan.

Feel free to let me know what you all think about this development; while I get back to work on my next recap. #Pokémon20

No comments:

Post a Comment