Monday, November 16, 2020

"Pokémon: Secrets of the Jungle" Coming in 2021.

Hey fellas: this update came up just as I was finishing one of my other posts; so I thought I might share it with you all. It turns out that on top of all the recent developments for “Pokémon Coco,” the 23rd animated film in the series in Japan; the movie finally has a brief taste of what to expect from its English dub release. The film will see a release in English in 2021 under the name “Pokémon: Secrets of the Jungle.”

The first dubbed trailer dropped a few days ago, and I can now further verify the summary I’ve pieced together from promotional materials. In the Okoya Forest, a young man named “Koko” (much like the title, the romanization was likely changed to avoid legal issues with Pixar) has been living alongside a new Pokémon known as Zarude after apparently being orphaned as an infant. Crossing paths with Ash and Pikachu, they must form an unlikely bond to save the forest from disaster. This news comes along with a host of tie-ins being released as well, including Zarude itself being given to US players who are subscribed to the Pokémon Company’s newsletter; which will be distributed on December 11 (I have already opted in).

Though there is still more to be revealed, I will bring you more information as I get it. While the film doesn’t have a concrete release date for the dub as of yet beyond “2021” (which makes sense to me, given how the release patterns are still kind of touch and go right now); I look forward to telling you all about the movie and reviewing it in full when it does come out. That will be all for now, and I am drafting plenty of material for the next two weeks. Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment