Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Update 11-9-21: Switch at 92M, Pokémon Generation VIII Sales "Evergreen," 10 Days to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Hey everyone: I just finished a couple big papers for my class; so I thought I would give you something of a quick update while I work on other big projects.

First up: it’s 10 days till the release of “Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl,” and as someone who has their preorders paid off; I’m glad the conversation towards the games has shifted in a more positive direction. I may not appreciate the leak, but as someone who only skimmed them; I look forward to playing them once they finally release.

On that note, the Nintendo Switch has now sold over 92.87 million units worldwide as of September 30 of this year across all its variants; which makes outselling the Nintendo Wii a lofty, but plausible goal.

Not only that, but the top best-selling games on the console have also been updated; with “Pokémon Sword and Shield” not only having sold over 22.64 million copies since its launch nearly 2 years ago; but is now considered one of the system’s “evergreen” titles. Other bestsellers with the “evergreen” status include the top-selling “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe” at 38.74 million copies, “Animal Crossing New Horizons” at 34.85 million copies, “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate” at 25.71 million copies, and “The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild” at 24.13 million copies; with “Super Mario Odyssey” rounding out the top 5 at 21.95 million copies.

I leave you with links to the information where I got the sales data; and I will see you all again after a brief sabbatical tomorrow. Take care, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment