Saturday, December 18, 2021

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond Shining Pearl Sell 6M At Launch Worldwide+More

Hey everyone- as I'm at least a fifth of the way done with my review of "Pokémon Secrets of the Jungle," I thought I might give you an update on what else is going on in and out of this blog.

As someone who has been enjoying "Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl" so far; I have been eagerly awaiting the launch sales numbers, and now I have them: as of this writing, the games have sold 6 million copies worldwide across all versions, placing them in line with the launch of "Pokémon Sword and Shield" and doubling the launch of other previous remakes. 

This definitely bodes well for the launch of "Pokémon Legends: Arceus" this January. It also suggests that even with the changes in graphics and gameplay, there's a considerable amount of people who are glad to have any modern Sinnoh remake at all. I am definitely one of them.

On a less successful note, the  compilation film "Yo-Kai Watch: The Meeting of Keita and Me" has debuted outside the top 10 at the Japanese box office, being displaced by a slate of other films led by "Sumiko Gurashi: The Magical Child of the Blue Moonlit Night" and Marvel's "Eternals."  Even factoring in the current state of flux moviegoing is in right now, the fact that it opened so low that the studio isn't reporting ticket sales and gross revenue is a bad sign. 

This suggests the movie is on track to make less than the Jam Project movie in 2019. Talk persists of a potential localization of Yo-Kai Watch 4; and now there's even rumors of the Jam project being localized under the imprint "Y School Heroes: Bustling School Life." 

As someone who found that area of the franchise flawed, but okay; I have no formal opinion as of this time. I certainly won't try to stop them if the rumors are true, but until there's official confirmation (so far, there's overseas patent filings that are pretty standard to make sure nobody tries to take them and not much else); I feel no need to address the matter further for now.

Likewise, apart from my spoiler talk about the recent live-action Cowboy Bebop series; I'm not going to be addressing the Gundam movie again anytime soon. I am glad the director and artists are at least enthusiastic; but much like what I just mentioned; I will not address the movie until I see a release window or at the very least, a target filming start date. I was under the impression that the current worldwide situation got the movie shelved again until social media feeds affiliated with the production showed otherwise. 

As for this rumored live-action Digimon movie, well: let's just say I'm hesitant to address content from Toei for the time being. Even the proposed pitch of filming the real-world scenes in on location and sets; then using CGI and special effects for the Digital World will really have to sell it on the technical wizardry, since the logline reads like they're going for something like the OASIS in Ready Player One or the WB "Server-Verse" in Space Jam: A New Legacy.

With the season upon us, my goal still remains the same: to have my full review of "Pokémon Secrets of the Jungle" done and ready to post by Christmas Eve among some other posts I've been drafting. That will be all for now, season's greetings.

PS: Go see Spider-Man No Way Home, it really is that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment