Sunday, August 28, 2022

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Switch) World Championship Trailer Thoughts.

Hey everyone- with 80 days to the release of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, here are my belated thoughts on the new trailer that debuted at the World Championships in London.

The trailer details the redesigned online battle system, which I am eager to try out when the time comes. Said trailer also contains a new Pokémon known as Cyclizar. Though the connections to the box legendaries (if any) are unknown at this time, I do like the design of the monster.

There are also more details on the Terastal mechanic, with Coalossal getting a special form and ghost-types getting one that’s an Easter egg to the Ghost sprite in the original games. A handful of new held items are also going to provide new effects in battle. The Mirror Herb can copy an opponents stat boosts. The Covert Cloak guarantees swapping out of battle. My personal favorite is the Loaded Dice, which can grant additional strikes to moves that hit multiple times. Miguel and Tulio definitely can make use of that one.

Though there is more information yet to be revealed (I am very eager to hear about the Stage 1 and 2 forms for the starters), I will address more details as the games get closer to release. That will be all for now, and I will see you all again soon. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment