Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Pokémon: The Arceus Chronicles (2022) Thoughts.

I have been wanting to address this special for a while, and now the time has finally come: Here are my thoughts on Pokémon: The Arceus Chronicles.



This OVA, whose four parts have been combined into one single special for its English dub on Netflix (I can now officially submit it was rights issues with the JP branch of rival Amazon Prime that were holding things up here) has many elements from the smash hit video game “Pokémon Legends Arceus.” The story follows Ash and Goh on assignment in the Sinnoh region; meeting up with Dawn and Cynthia to do research on the ancient past of the Hisui region. They also encounter Brock as well as Team Galactic admins Saturn, Jupiter and Mars; the latter of whom seek to use Heartran and Arceus to recover their leader Cyrus.

I have been enjoying how the anime has been more willing to experiment in recent generations; and this anime is no exception. I really enjoy how the visual presentation was kept consistent with the DP series; and how they got the same voice cast back for the Galactic admins. 

I intend to give this special a full review in the near future (before the end of the year, ideally), but first I want to finish other material I’ve been working on a while. That’s all for now, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment