Thursday, June 29, 2023

Detective Pikachu Returns Coming October 6, More Details on Hidden Treasure of Area Zero.

Hey everyone- sorry about the delay in posts; but this heat wave has been a doozy. Rest assured; I still intend to write more over the course of summer, with the frequency in between "when I feel like it" and "when it's done."

In the meantime, I thought I would give thoughts on a couple highlights from this month's Nintendo Direct. These are just a couple of the many things that got me excited for the coming months.

While there is still no release date for it (I will opt in when there is), we have more details on the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero expansion for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. In addition to seeing more returning monsters alongside newcomers such as Ogerpon and Terapagos, we have more shown off in the new settings of the Kitakami region and the neighboring Blueberry Academy. Much as it did in Sword and Shield, this is filling the same role as a third version would in previous years. If you don't have both versions like I do, make sure the pass you're getting corresponds to your game; otherwise it won't work.

What will work is this next announcement- we now have a date and new title for the Detective Pikachu sequel on Switch: Detective Pikachu Returns, coming October 6. Picking up where the previous game on 3DS left off, both Detective Pikachu and Tim Goodman return to solve a new series of mysteries; leading to finding his missing father Harry. Monsters from the bestselling Pokémon Sword and Shield will be included; so this will definitely be a day-one pickup when it comes out.

Though not the only announcements that have me excited (others include a remake of Super Mario RPG, HD remasters of Pikmin and MGS Master Collection Volume 1), these two are definitely among the most-anticipated for me. That's all for now, and I will see you all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment