Sunday, March 10, 2013

One Piece to air on Toonami. Set sail for adventure and fun. Also, Evangelion 1.11 and TOM redesign.

Hello again. I just thought I'd share this piece of anime news, because it quite literally came up about 5 minutes ago.

I have just found out via Anime News Network that One Piece is scheduled to air on Toonami later this year. The series previously ran on the block from 2007-2008, and has since been simulcasting Japanese subtitled episodes on Funimation's website since 2009; with dubbed episodes typically premiering on Fridays and Saturdays.

This means several things. First off, it means that the "big 3" series are airing together on the same block. Second, it means that the version they air will most likely be the uncut version (the version you watch on Funimation's website and on the DVD sets). Third, it means that the series has another chance of crossing over with the anime fandom. While the 4Kids dub may live in infamy among fans (I personally see it as part of the reason why the company is no longer in business); the Funimation dub and the manga have helped it recover. Putting the series on Toonami will help it connect with new audiences as well as existing ones.

Another thing, Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone is planned to air from 1-3:30A, and TOM is scheduled to be redesigned. I have gotten a bit further in Evangelion, and am wondering what the new TOM will look like.

That will be all for now. I'm still working on moving, so I probably won't write another recap until later this month. I will do some top 13 lists, though. Until then, I leave you with the opening theme for how far I've gotten in the series.

7 comments:

  1. Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone is airing next Saturday night, replacing everything that's airing in the 1-3:30 block. Also, TOM's getting a makeover in April along with his ship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please give me a hint on the next top 13 list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What'd you think of the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts on the Big O, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It exists to me. I heard it's good, but I haven't seen it. I have said that it didn't do well in Japan, but we liked it so much that Japan funded a second season.

      Delete