Saturday, May 17, 2014

In the name of the moon, Sailor Moon is returning to DVD for 20th anniversary.

Hello guys, I am working on a new recap, even though it's been a while. I have been very busy with school; but I am working on sharpening my writing for not only my next recap, but also my planned recap of the first episode of the X-Men anime for Days of Future Past opening next weekend.

However, I have just been informed via Otaku USA Magazine that Sailor Moon is returning to DVD for the 20th anniversary of the franchise. It will be released with both the original version from 1993, as well as the new version, starting with subs on May 20th.

As one of the first anime series I watched (alongside Pokémon and Beast Wars on UPN where I used to live); I can say the announcement will come at a great time for both old and new fans to enjoy it. While it may seem like a more diverse market; I believe Serena "Usagi" Tsukino will still have a place in an age of Madoka Kaname and Ryuko Matoi. I think I might do a recap of the original pilot for the occasion as part of my From Humble Beginnings series.

While it may be a shojo, a genre that I'm not too big on, Naoko Takeuchi managed to make it one of the anime series that appeals to everyone in some way, regardless of gender, in the vein of Star Wars or the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As for a certain piece from another member in the field: save it. I enjoyed the review everyone is going to ask me about, and it's something every male viewer of the series has gone through at some point. Besides, I can say that the Sailor Senshi are far more approachable female protagonists than Yuno Gasai.

That will be all for now, you can expect my recap of the first episode of the 1993 series after I recap the first episode of the X-Men anime. There is material, and I do like it. Now, back to Redline, because I couldn't get into the new Godzilla because of house-sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment