Monday, September 14, 2015

This October: On the Origin of Yo-Kai Watches and Zygarde Forms.

I am well aware that I'm about halfway through Origins month; with a planned look at Halloween-related material in October, including one of my targeted episodes of Yo-Kai Watch.

However, I have just been informed of something that is making me amend my plans yet again. It seems that Disney XD will be airing the dub of Yo-Kai Watch starting October 5. This is clearly aping the strategy that Pokémon used in the '90s to launch the anime ahead of the game; but as much as myself and others might like it to be, it isn't the '90s anymore. One must adapt to a changing market in order to survive.

With that on the table, The Strongest Mega Evolution Act IV will now be airing on October 29; kicking off a new incarnation known as "Pokémon XYZ". Additionally, the new Pokémon previously teased is now a new form for Zygarde, known as the "cell form." Also unveiled are new forms such as the canid "10% form" and the quasi-Big O "Perfect Form"; with the already-revealed form now being referred to as "50% form."  As it were: Cast in the name of Arceus, ye not guilty.

While details are scant about the XYZ incarnation of the anime at this time; it has fueled further speculation towards the next main series game, presumably due out for the 20th anniversary of the franchise in 2016.

Be that as it may, I do plan to watch Act IV to see where this development goes; and now also plan to expand my viewfinder to the Yo-Kai Watch dub in October once I finish Origins month, and believe me when I say I have some choice words for it. Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment