Thursday, May 12, 2016

Pokemon Sun and Moon Coming in November to Nintendo 3DS.

So, I saw Civil War last night; and I absolutely loved it. Even though I'm unfamiliar with the comic on which it was based (though I'm well aware of the controversy it has), I can say that it's easily Marvel's best film yet. Black Panther is an utter badass, and Tom Holland's portrayal of Spider-Man is easily my favorite version of the character on film so far. I would definitely recommend seeing it; and I plan on going again soon.

Even so, there is another matter on my mind besides the summer movie season having begun. This past Tuesday; the release date of the highly anticipated Pokemon Sun and Moon was revealed along with the starters and the first gameplay footage. The game will be launching on Nintendo 3DS in November; with the US and Japan getting the game simultaneously on November 18, along with other territories; while the UK will be getting it a few days later.

Personally, I think the new starters look very nice. While Rowlet; a sort of grassy owl that resembles environmentalist icon Woodsy Owl has become a sort of ensemble darkhorse in the same vein as Snivy in Unova (note: one of my planned recaps when my computer is fixed will be addressing how I don't really identify with the current trend of throwing shade at Generation V); my plan is as follows: I plan to start with fiery cat Litten in Sun, and water show ready seal Popplio in Moon.

The gameplay also briefly showed off the tropical paradise of the Alola region; which seems to based on the Hawaiian islands. While the games and the adaptations have previously dabbled with "island hopping" to many areas; this is the first one that outright focuses on it. The graphics look improved on the already impressive X and Y engine; and there is a host of new characters and a possible expansion on the character customization from X and Y. While the player character outfits definitely look more suited for the tropical climate; they still show off a quasi-90s aesthetic that recent incarnations seem to be taking advantage of. I'm looking forward to seeing what sorts of outfits I can deck out my character with (not to mention to see what other options they have for hair colors, eye colors and skin tones).

So, with the announcement being something that's got me pumped; I want to preorder the games as soon as I can. Not only did the US trailer reward my loyalty as a fan, the Japanese trailer brought me to tears of joy, depicting a young man from Japan moving to Hawaii and making new friends as he plays the game for the first time. I encourage everyone to let me know what they think of all this. Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment