Saturday, May 27, 2017

Pokémon The Movie: I Choose You to premiere at Japan Expo in France.

Hello everyone. Before I get started, I'm letting you know a couple things: first, I am in the process of watching the Pokémon Ranger movie and writing my next Yo-Kai Watch recap. You should see both out fairly soon (my goal is by the end of this month or early in June). Second, finals are coming up soon; and I'm also planning to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean for my mother's 55th birthday on the 31st. Last, but not least; I am potentially seeing my father in California after commencement, the exact dates are TBD.

Now, I will address something I've been meaning to for a few days. Only July 6, a full nine days before its official release in Japan; "Pokémon The Movie: I Choose You" will premiere at Japan Expo in France. The event was reported on Crunchyroll and other websites such as Destructoid and Bulbanews, and will have director Kunihiko Yuyama and Satoshi's voice actress Rica Matsumoto presiding over the ceremony.








I am very excited for the prospect of this movie. While some people are split on the new companions of Souji and Makoto, my opinion hasn't changed: I am not ruling out Brock and Misty appearing in the movie, but I am also willing to give these new characters a chance. Dismissing new characters sight unseen is something that's been going on for way too long in this fandom, and it's something that I did when I was younger that I joke about now. Besides, it's really not all that different to me than a Star Wars movie or a Marvel Studios movie introduces new characters to its narrative. I admit I am excited to see Luke after all these years, but I am every bit as excited to see where the arcs of Finn, Rey and Poe Dameron go. Likewise, I am impressed how I have not only enjoyed new takes on Spider-Man, Iron Man and Captain America; but also how I have been impressed by more niche characters such as Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and the Guardians of the Galaxy.




Given how the movie's promotional videos have shown off a host of spectacular battles and impressive animation; I think it could be one of my favorite takes on the series since Origins or Generations: one that offers a fresh take on the series while also not forgetting what I loved about it before.






I will bring you any new information on the movie as I get it. I will get back to work on my next couple recaps, and I will have more content for you in June as soon as I have a clearer idea of my plans outside my blog. That will be all for now. See you, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment