Thursday, January 4, 2018

2018: Year of the Dog With Countless Possibilities.

Hello everyone. Now that I've gotten back from dinner with my family; I thought I would briefly lay out some plans I have for the coming year ahead.

Now that I've finished my look at all the Pokémon movies, coverage of the anime will be back to my usual "whenever I feel like it" basis. I'm still contemplating a gym battle showcase before too long, but I'm still trying to figure out how to approach it.

I also intend to finish what I started with Code Geass R2, with sixteen episodes of the series remaining. I highly doubt I will be able to take back what I've said about the ones I've already done; but I don't want to. If what I've heard about the remaster and R3 are true, they will have to do quite a bit to wash the disappointment of R2 away. I honestly hope they're not just going to go the "Renew Your Vows" route, since it's a similar problem of an elephant in the room that so large, it could carry the Maja Rajah around India. Granted, I want to forget a lot of what I've seen, but Sunrise can't just ignore it if they're doing this.

As for Yo-Kai Watch: my plans are still largely the same. I have a backlog of episodes that I haven't tapped yet, but I'm waiting for an official airdate for the dub's third season. I will only recap the third movie if the third game is given a US release, which I cannot confirm or disconfirm. However, I would appreciate if people stopped claiming the 3DS is being discontinued this year because of the Switch (it isn't, both Reggie and Kimishima have pledged their support past this year). Also, the voice actors being recast doesn't change anything; since it's not the first time this happened. It happened with Pokémon, it happened with Sailor Moon; and it happened with Dragon Ball as well. I'm not pulling the trigger just yet, since barring Johnny Yong Bosch and to some extent Joey D'auria, most of the cast seemed wooden to me. Maybe it will be like some anime where the voice actors are an improvement. One Piece sure benefited from that, and Funimation has done such a good job with Dragon Ball that I keep forgetting about the infamous Saban/Blue Water dub; but that's beside the point.

I also have many surprises planned; you will just have to wait and see what they are. That will be all for now. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment