Monday, November 12, 2018

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (2019) Trailer Thoughts.

Hello everyone. First off, Happy Veteran's Day to everyone observing today. Second, I have been meaning to address the new developments about this for a while now; and that time is finally upon me.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (originally titled Detective Pikachu) will release on May 10, 2019. Originally intended for distribution under Universal, Legendary will now again partner with Warner Brothers Pictures; who worked together on franchises such as Godzilla and The Dark Knight Saga. WB had also distributed the first three movies under their Kids WB banner.

While there is some creative license, overall; the film looks to be relatively faithful to the tone of the video game. I especially like Ryan Reynolds handling the title role, being a sort of PG-rated take on his role in the Deadpool films. I also like how the Pokémon are rendered, since they thankfully translate better to live-action than other franchises I've seen (though I admit Pancham still looks like he has a bad case of Youngblood's disease). I definitely understand why they're not doing the main games/show right away; though I am open to the idea later on. At worst, I can't imagine it being worse than Dragonball Evolution or the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie.

Between this movie, Avengers 4, John Wick Chapter Three, Godzilla King of the Monsters and the new Aladdin; I think May 2019 will be lots of fun. That will be all for now, I will get back to work on my last couple Kanto recaps before #PokémonLetsGo comes out. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment