Thursday, October 8, 2020

Pokémon Sword and Shield: The Crown Tundra Prerelease Details and Thoughts.

Hey fellas: first off, I once again apologize for how busy I’ve been lately; rest assured, larger content I have planned will be published when it’s complete. Second, as I type this, it is two weeks to the release of The Crown Tundra chapter of “Pokémon Sword and Shield,” so here are my thoughts on the details ahead of release.

Once this chapter goes live, for those who have opted in; the games of Generation VIII to date will have a total of 640 monsters across both versions from all the regions so far. On top of existing monsters having new special forms (such as Regigigas and the Kanto Legendary Birds), the new monster Calyrex will play a key role as you explore the Crown Tundra under the guidance of a man named Peony. 

Other key pieces will be new modes such as the “Dynamax Adventure,” a gauntlet of Dynamax Raid Battles (something I already enjoy doing on my own); and the “Galarian Star Tournament;” which allows you to battle with all the major trainers you encounter in your journey and learn more about them in the process.

As someone who has enjoyed the Isle of Armor chapter heartily (as it’s pushed my playthrough past a combined 350 hours); I look forward to seeing the second half of the series’ first-ever expansion. Given how this chapter’s setting is heavily-influenced by Scotland; I am eager to see how that factors into the graphics; gameplay and story as someone who’s been fascinated by Gaelic myths for years. If all else fails, I can’t imagine it going over worse than WWE2K Battlegrounds.

Just thought I would give you something before I work on finishing my other writings; and I will let you know more after the chapter goes live. That will be all for now. Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment