Sunday, January 23, 2022

Update+ Anime I'm Currently Watching 1-23-22.

Hey fellas- seeing as I'm still drafting material and it's five days to the release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, I thought I might give you an update with some of the anime I'm currently watching.

Blade Runner: Black Lotus

As a big fan of both Blade Runner films (this year marks the 40th anniversary of the first) and the Blackout 2022 anime short; I can honestly say I'm enjoying this series as a bridge between both films' events. I will be putting together my thoughts in more detail after season 1 is finished; so keep an eye out for that.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba- Mugen Train Arc

Essentially a retelling of the massive box office hit film; this expands upon the material with new scenes (and an entire new episode detailing Rengoku Kyojuro boarding the train); and leads into the proper second season. I may not be an outright fan (more of a My Hero Academia guy); but I definitely understand its appeal and consider it to be good.

Ninjala the Animation

As someone who has sunk well over 800 hours into the game, I was curious to see how this would turn out. While animation in general has a better track record in my book for adapting video games than live-action, this anime so far is building on the short anime stories that have been uploaded online. Though I do like the bonus perk of coins for the gumball machine (I managed to get a costume of my favorite character, Burton among other prizes); I am enjoying the show itself so far and might take a closer look at it once it's finished.

One Piece

As of today, Eiichiro Oda's seminal adventure series has returned to Toonami after just under five years on hiatus from live TV in the US (though the series has done well on both DVD and digital platforms). Fittingly enough, the first two episodes to welcome the show back were the start of Sabody Archipelago; with the Straw Hats coming back from two years of preparation for their journey to Fishman Island. I may have more catching up to do with the anime; but I have read enough of the manga up to this point to understand what's going on. I am very glad to have the show back on the air once again. I will just deal with the Netflix adaptation as it comes (though I do think the leaked sets look cool, I'm personally still more concerned about the Gundam movie and could go either way about the petitions surrounding Cowboy Bebop); and enjoy this.

I might have something else ready before the game launches this Friday, but we'll see. Either way, I will definitely give you my early impressions of Pokémon Legends: Arceus after I pick it up this Friday. That will be all for now, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment