Monday, February 28, 2022

#PokémonPresents 2-27-22 Thoughts- #PokémonScarletViolet and More.

"Why did I move here?  I guess it was the weather, I don't know, that thing; that magic..."

Well, that was very interesting. To close out February, here are my thoughts on this month’s “Pokémon Presents” livestream. I will be going over the announcements both big and small, so let’s begin.

The stream was presided over by both Tsunekazu Ishihara and Takao Utsunomiya, and led off with the Alola update for Pokémon Go; which will be rolling out March 1. I just came off the Johto Tour, which was a blast (currently doing the Apex Ho-Oh missions); so I’m eager to experience it. 

There’s also events currently in progress for both Pokémon Masters EX and Pokémon Café Remix; celebrating both the anniversary of their respective games and the series as a whole.

Regarding the Pokémon UNITE spinoff; there is also an event that’s rolling out Hoopa, and I’m currently stacking enough donuts to get its UNITE license. I have liked that mischievous genie a while now; and it’s quite powerful (insert “Were you surprised” here). I’m also looking forward to Duraludon joining the game next.

Now, onto the announcements for the main games- while there’s no Platinum update for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl (yet), there is a special event Mystery Gift till March 27 to claim Oak’s Letter, allowing players to befriend Shaymin. This was the method to encounter Shaymin in Platinum, and I always like when there’s extra meaning behind a legacy feature like this.

On that note, Pokémon Legends Arceus has been updated to v1.1.0, known as the “Daybreak” expansion. In addition to another host of visual and gameplay adjustments,  there are also new monsters seen in the “mass outbreak” feature and new opponents to train with. I’m still working on the last noble fight; so I will be eager to check those out after I’ve beaten the main quest. There’s also going to be an online anime OVA set in Hisui later this year from Studio WIT (“Origins,”  “The Power Of Us,” “Attack on Titan”); and I’m eager to see it.

Finally, the biggest reveal was saved for last: while it initially appeared to be an update on Detective Pikachu 2 (which is still being worked on and I’m still looking forward to); it instead was the first reveal of Generation IX, coming later this year to Nintendo Switch: “Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.” Building on what’s been done in recent generations, the game is going all-in on the open world concept; and will feature a host of new and returning monsters. Though I don’t know where I’ll be getting my copy from as I’ll have moved by late 2022; I do know I’ll be starting with Quaxly in Violet. I will have to think about whether I’ll start with Sprigatito or Fuecoco in Scarlet, but I do like their designs either way. With this, I will resume working on my backlog; and I will see you all in March. Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment