Monday, May 16, 2022

Level-5 Japan- "No plans to develop or release the Western version of Yo-Kai Watch 4"

Before I get started, I want to thank DylanXW3; a prominent member of the community for bringing this to my attention. I have been searching for means to address this for a while, and now it seems that means what I was wondering was true. The following is a translated email from Level-5 Japan in response to the potential release of Yo-Kai Watch 4 in the west.


"This is the Level-5 Information Center, thank you for contacting us. ... Regarding the inquiries, we do not plan to develop or release the Western version of "Yo-Kai Watch 4." We apologize for the inconvenience, but thank you for your understanding."

So, while I know this isn't what people wanted to hear; but this was one scenario I never ruled out among the many for this game. If any further developments arise surrounding the game (such as another publisher taking over the international release); I will report them here. 

However, with this information coming directly from Level-5; and the closure of its international branches as a result of the pandemic, this seems like a very tacit admission that Yo-Kai Watch 4 is no longer being planned for release outside Japan. If you are reading this and were looking forward to the international release; I suggest considering importing it instead. That will be all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment