Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Switch) Main Trailer Thoughts.

"Why did I move here?  I guess it was the weather, I don't know, that thing; that magic. You know how it is."

At the start of this month, the main trailer for “Pokémon Scarlet and Violet” was revealed. Here are my thoughts on the games, which will mark the ninth generation of the franchise upon their release later this year on Nintendo Switch.


Courtesy- The Official Pokémon Company YouTube channel


Launching this holiday season, these games will mark a variety of firsts for the series. Building on other recent installments in the series, the games will take place in a fully open world setting; which, while still unnamed as of this writing, is heavily-influenced by Spain and its culture. On top of new legendaries Koraidon and Miraidon, each version will have a different professor you study under. Scarlet sees you researching with Professor Sada, who is very primal in both looks and personality (at least as far as fan arts have shown); while Violet has you working with Professor Turo, who appears to have a mech suit under his lab coat; kind of like the nanotech Iron Man armor. Pokémon Centers also appear to be roadside kiosks rather than how they were in previous games; and there will be elements of simultaneous 4-player gameplay.

There are also new monsters among the many to come- Pawmi, this generation’s Pikachu analog, Smoliv, an olive who is as cute and tiny as its name implies, and my personal favorite of the new reveals; Lechonk. This little pig won the internet’s heart upon its reveal, and I will be looking forward to finding out more in the future.

Though there are still details yet to be revealed, one big bit of information has been its release date- November 18 of this year. With the success of BDSP and Legends Arceus, these games are definitely going to be day-one pickups for me. Granted, I will likely have moved by then and will have to decide where I’ll be placing my order; but they should definitely be big hits (especially with the most recent delay of the Breath of the Wild sequel).

As I have done before, I will bring you any new information as I get it; and I hope to speak with you again soon. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment