Monday, October 31, 2022

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet- "Legendary Ride" Reaction and Thoughts.

Hey everyone- Happy Halloween. With November and the release of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet nearly upon us, I thought I would give you my belated thoughts on the games’ “Legendary Ride” trailer. Let’s open it up and talk about it.

The trailer, on top of effectively confirming the filming in Spain earlier this year; shows off a bit more of the open-world setting of the Paldea region. Even at this stage, it looks to be the culmination of everything the main series has been building towards since it went to the third dimension.

Highlights include a Tera Raid Battle against a Lechonk, showing off the starting hub of the Pokémon Academy; and most notably the traversal abilities of our legendaries: Koraidon and Miraidon. These dragons can use their legs and their wheels to cross over land and water, and even leap into the air. Though Cyclizar have yet to be shown in the same fashion; I am liking the detail so far.

Speaking of which, not only have recent promotions shown off more avatar gear; but the customization will be gender-neutral for the first time in the series’ history; much like in the Splatoon and Animal Crossing games. Though the series has been heading this direction as of Pokémon Go and Generation VII (slowly phasing out the memetic “Are you a boy or girl” question in the process); I believe the flexibility I’ve already seen of the customization system will open up countless doors for new and existing players alike. That, and I've always enjoyed customizing characters whether they're as complex as a Soulcalibur fighter  or as simple as a Mii.

I will be paying off the games within the first week of November; and I expect to enjoy them extensively well into 2023. One last thing- I will not send, nor will I accept any leaks about the game ahead of launch. That will be all for now, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment