Saturday, July 15, 2023

Level-5 announces new Yo-Kai Watch game, Yo-Kai Watch 4 Localization Still in Limbo?

Well- I wasn't planning on addressing this; but here we are. To help celebrate the 10th anniversary of the franchise, a new Yo-Kai Watch game has been informally announced for release in the near future. Though details still remain scarce; this is is quite significant as it's been just over four years since the last main game released in Japan... which brings me to my next topic.

Yo-Kai Watch 4 has still yet to receive any updates surrounding an international release; nor have the anime films key to its plot (any review of Forever Friends will be dependent on a release of the game in the US officially). Though I am keeping an eye on both the new Professor Layton and Fantasy Life; and the new IP Deca Police; there is still a sense of limbo in the game many want to see from Level-5 the most. Unless there's something said or their other games sell well enough to justify it; it's still unlikely; though not impossible that we will see it happen.

As for the next game, that's another story. I will give the developers some leeway for factors out of their hands (the pandemic being a big example); but I honestly hope that Level-5 and the "blogosphere" (some of my younger readers may have to check the Urban Dictionary for that one) have learned from the mistakes made before, not that it hasn't stopped others from making them again.

At this stage, I'm not even sure whether the plan entails a fifth main game or another spinoff (since they're being deliberately cryptic once again). Whatever it entails, I intend to keep an eye on the prospect as well as one of finally seeing the oft-delayed localization of Yo-Kai Watch 4. That will be all for now, and I will see you all again soon.

P.S.- Go see Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning, it really is that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment