Friday, November 10, 2023

#PokémonScarletViolet #TheIndigoDisk Coming December 14 and More.

I would have liked to post this sooner, but there have been intermittent connection problems on my end. Rest assured, here is a small update in between bigger projects I’m working on.

Let’s start with the most notable piece of information I’m addressing. After much speculation, the second chapter of the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero expansion to Pokémon Scarlet and Violet will go live on December 14: The Indigo Disk. The DLC will focus on Terapagos and the neighboring Blueberry Academy in Unova. I intend to complete the Teal Mask chapter before it goes live. A full review will follow once both chapters are cleared.

I have also picked up Detective Pikachu Returns, which I have been playing and enjoying since its release on October 6 of this year. The game builds on what was established in the first title on 3DS and the hit 2019 film adaptation. On top of focusing more on humor and puzzle-solving than the battles of the main series; there’s also new gameplay features such as stealth sections and getting help from other Pokémon to solve cases. Need to track a scent? Have Growlithe sniff it out. Need to see through a wall? Have Luxray use its sonar.

Lastly, let’s address things on the anime front. Though a US airdate remains elusive for Pokémon Horizons (understandable, given the circumstances); the series will begin its run in the UK via the CBBC feed of the BBC iPlayer on December 1. I still have no formal plans to address the anime before an official release stateside.

I will say that I have enjoyed two relatively recent pieces of web animation. These include a CGI short based on Detective Pikachu: “Mystery of the Missing Flan,” which is from Polygon Pictures (“Sonic Prime,” “Transformers Prime,” “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”) and the second part of the OVA “Paldean Winds.” Entitled “Breathe In,” the short focuses on Aliquis facing a crisis of confidence in his battles with Nemona; and whether or not he should keep his Meowscarada as a partner. I honestly consider it to be more interesting than Horizons; and I am looking forward to the third and final segment later this year. That will be all for now, and I will see you all again soon, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment