Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Thoughts on the Transformers 40th anniversary video by Studio TRIGGER.

Hail- well met, everyone: this weekend, I saw Transformers One and I absolutely loved it. As both a new movie and a reimagining of the franchise's origin story; it is well worth your time and money. So, I thought I would do something else to help celebrate the milestone. Here are my thoughts on the Transformers 40th anniversary video by Studio TRIGGER.


Courtesy: Hasbro/Studio TRIGGER



The video incorporates characters and elements from the entire legacy of the franchise. From the WFC Trilogy on Netflix all the way back to the original entry from the 1980s. Even the live-action films, divisive as they often are (and the butt of jokes from this studio's animators) get represented. I'm noticing more and more willingness to not only embrace adaptations that are well-liked in major franchises; but also to both remix ideas that weren't as well-executed (up to and including self-deprecating gags).It's also backed by the song "Mayday" by Bump of Chicken, and it pairs incredibly well. Overall, a great way of celebrating a vast legacy of capturing the imaginations of children and the young at heart.

I also will apologize in advance for the lateness and brevity of this post; but I've been working on a larger post I've been wanting to do for a long time. For now, go see Transformers One; and I will see you all again soon. Till all are one...

No comments:

Post a Comment