Monday, August 10, 2026

Pokémon Pokopia- Bubbly Basin (Switch 2) Thoughts

Hey everyone- now that it’s live and I’ve been playing it for the last few days; I give you my thoughts on the Bubbly Basin expansion for the highly-acclaimed Switch 2 bestseller Pokémon Pokopia.

Courtesy: The Pokémon Company/Koei Tecmo


In order to start this chapter, you will need to have progressed to the Bleak Beach area and learned how to Surf from Lapras. From there, you will learn how to use Dive after feeding Manaphy what they requested. After that, your underwater journey begins.

As someone who has logged well over 300 hours into the base game, this first chapter is a strong addition to the world of one of the franchise’s best titles and one of the games I’ve engaged with most on the Switch 2 (along with Z-A and Mario Kart World- also really enjoying Splatoon Raiders so far). A whole slew of new Pokémon and treasures are just waiting to be found. Moreover, with a wide range of cosmetics to unlock and underwater habitats to build, it’s something I can spend lots of time with in the days ahead.

Visually, this expansion is a lush aquatic paradise. The color scheme is pleasant without being overbearing; and I once again appreciate the simple graphical joy of seeing Totodile jump excitedly in an ever-increasing push towards realism. The music introduced in this chapter is another delight- I will have to see where I can find that arrangement of the Cerulean City music.

If you have played the base game as much as I have, this expansion is already paying for itself. I eagerly look forward to what the next two chapters contain (the second will be live later this year, the third will release in early 2027). With this, I will be visiting my father in California from August 14 to August 24; and I will be back with you all after that. Take care. 

PS- Go see Spider-Man: Brand New Day if you haven't already, it really is that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment