Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Star Wars Visions Presents: The Ninth Jedi (2026) Thoughts

Have to say- I was expecting a third episode; but a whole spinoff about this story is even better. Now that all eight episodes are live on Disney Plus, I give you all my thoughts on Star Wars Visions Presents- The Ninth Jedi!


Courtesy: Lucasfilm Limited/Production IG



One of my favorite aspects of the saga has been its ability to re-imagine concepts across decades of fiction; and this is no exception. The journey that Kara takes to not only master the Force but also reconcile her own past does have echoes of what came before; yet still presented in unique and interesting ways. I especially enjoy the concept of the silver lightsaber blade color being the latest idea from the old “Legends” EU to be brought into the new canon (the setting being a millennium after the events of The Rise of Skywalker does allow for plenty of flexibility there). I won’t say how, but it does fit what I read about the meanings of different lightsaber blade colors.

The animation from Production IG is quite impressive. I can tell that the cast and crew that Kenji Kamiyama assembled have immense love for the material and are more than equipped to tell their own take on the story. I also enjoy how the show, much like other animated spinoffs before it still treats their audience with respect no matter their age. Think works such as the Avatar-verse or the ‘90s Batman animated series and you aren’t far off in terms of tone and presentation. Though it does have some convenient plot points early on, it really takes off in the second half; so stick with it.

As the saga is set to celebrate its 50th anniversary next year in 2027, I heartily recommend this anime to fans of all ages; and I look forward to what comes next from the Visions banner. That is all for now. May the Force be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment