Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Yo-Kai Watch to Air on Disney XD. May Heaven have mercy on us all.

I am well aware that I just posted a recap and am working on another one; but I feel I need to address this.

Earlier today, off the heels of the Yo-Kai Watch video game coming stateside; the anime will follow suit on Disney XD.

With the theme song given much of its tune to telling the misfortune the yokai cause; it just seems like noise compared to the Pokémon theme, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, or the 1987 version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It also furthers my belief that the series is going to be ripped apart by the editing scissors. It's not like calling the doriyaki in Doraemon "yummy buns"; there are likely going to be extensive edits for content. On top of that, when Pokémon first came out; kids didn't need the premise explained to them.

As the seeds of this rivalry continue to grow; I shall state the following: I went into Man of Steel expecting to like it; and sure enough, my expectations were not only met, but by all means exceeded.




By contrast, despite being unfamiliar with the source material; I was thoroughly surprised by Guardians of the Galaxy.



Even so, I don't see the series being the Pokémon successor everyone is hyping it as; given my predilection for that series. Not when the series is 50 episodes and a movie in at minimum; and the plot revolving yokai hasn't gotten deeper than messing up your house. No, really. My guess is most kids in the target audience for Yo-Kai Watch will instead watch Star Wars Rebels and Gravity Falls.

So, onto my look at some InuYasha for my dog phase of my Chinese Zodiac theme. See you, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment