Monday, August 8, 2016

Even More Pokémon Sun and Moon News+Blog Plans After My Vacation.

So, my visit to New York was pretty cool. I definitely enjoyed seeing family I haven't seen in years and a city I never have. My highlight was my visit of the redesigned Nintendo NY; where I took in the sights and sounds of a more social gaming experience and saw a large chunk of the company's history. I also picked up the Callie and Marie twin pack of Amiibo, a Toon Link plush,  a Lucario figurine, a Froakie keychain plush and a manga adaptation of Pokémon: Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice (which I will get to in my Pokémon movie marathon).

With that, I thought I would address the load of Pokémon Sun and Moon news I've gotten before the next reveal on the 12th. There's a lot of it, so I'll mostly be addressing the points that stood out at me before tackling the rest in a later post.

First, it seems there are redesigned Pokémon from previous generations that are unique to the Alola region. While the internet seems to have gone totally crazy for the new form of Exeggutor; with its giraffe-like neck and dragon-type moves; I personally found the icy redesigns of the Sandshrew and Vulpix evolutionary lines to be more interesting. All in all; though, I'm definitely looking forward to playing with them.

Second, there is a whole load of new Pokémon to be found. A new flying-type, Oricolio, has four unique designs in each part of Alola; as well as special abilities for each form that can copy other dance moves in the game. There is also Gumshoos, the evolved form of Yungoos; which further fuels comparisons to a certain infamous presidential candidate. Mudsdale now has a pre-evolved form in Mudbray; and a meteor-like being known as Minior is a sort of space rock with at least four distinct cores.

Lastly, there are yet more shakeups to the long-standing gameplay conventions. In addition to the expansion of being able to ride certain Pokémon (such as longtime fan favorite Charizard); there will be certain trials on the four islands of the Alola region. They involve facing off against each island's kahuna, including Hala; grandfather of your friend Hau. The biggest standout has to be the introduction of new "Z-moves," special moves you can activate for your Pokémon once per battle. There will also be a Z-ring accessory launching alongside the game; which many retailers are accepting preorders for as well (List price is about $30, extra crystals come in a multipack for $20).

I also want to do some of the recaps I had planned before I left; as well as some other ones. I'm on the fence about this one Pokémon XYZ recap I have in mind; but I'll probably have reached a decision about it after I come back from visiting my grandfather tomorrow. I definitely, however, want to continue my Pokémon movie marathon; closing out the original series with my look at Pokémon Heroes before I move on to the Advanced Generation movies. I still want to ideally do 1 or 2 a month; and maybe be finished sometime in 2017 (where the next movie is being teased as part of the inevitable rebrand for Sun and Moon; not to mention the live-action Detective Pikachu movie from Legendary Pictures coming soon).

Also, to my dismay; the second season of Yo-Kai Watch is underway to prep for the launch of Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls. While some fans are adamant the sequels will pave the way for the potential localization of Yo-Kai Watch 3; I am once again skeptical of the prospect of success here. I have a few targets in mind; both dubbed and subbed, which you should see very soon to illustrate this. While I do admit that Level-5 is actually showing some foresight by releasing the games on September 30 to allow breathing room for Sun and Moon (not to mention avoiding the mistake of launching against another Call of Duty game, Infinite Warfare); even if I were to remove Pokémon from the equation, there's still a huge amount of other games such as Kingdom Hearts III, No Man's Sky; South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Paper Mario Color Splash; and the NES Classic Mini, among others.


So, I will be getting to work on some of my plans after I come back from my granddad's place tomorrow. I just thought I would let you know how things are going in the meantime. See you, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment