Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Death Note live-action film coming to Netflix August 25.

Hello everyone. I just had my last meeting of the term with my journalism teacher, and I am still trying to find a way to get my computer repaired (this is another post made on a school one).

On my commute here, I have seen the trailer for the live-action film adaptation of Death Note. Originally intended as a theatrical release, Viz now plans to release the film on the online platform on August 25 (after Warner Bros. decided to focus their energy on franchises primarily on Harry Potter, Lego and the DC Extended Universe).

While I'm not sure how the film will live up to its source material's pedigree, I can definitely say the imagery and tone look at least better than the live-action Ghost in the Shell remake, which I am still not going to even if some of the actors have praised the film. The fact that it's not being screened for critics does not bode well.

That will be all for now, I'm planning on going to the new Power Rangers movie this weekend; and also contemplating someone asking me to see the new Beauty and the Beast. See you space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment