Thursday, January 18, 2024

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Switch) Epilogue Thoughts+ More

Hi everyone- I know I wanted to have this done sooner; but the arctic blast led to a litany of power and connection problems. Rest assured, I finally have this done. So, let’s talk about the epilogue to Pokémon Scarlet and Violet alongside other developments for the franchise.

Before I begin, I would like to mention that you need to have cleared the story of both DLC chapters; plus the Academy Ace Tournament of the main game at least once. Plus, you will need the Mythical Pecha Berry Mystery Gift to get started.




Now, once all that is taken care of; you pay a visit to the shop in Kitakami Village. After you see a funny looking pillow; you get a call from Arven, and then you meet back in your place in Cabo Poco. A letter arrives from Kieran, which has tickets to Mossui Town inside. Nemona and Penny also join the fun, and it’s off to the land of Kitakami! I won’t get into too much detail about the story, but I am glad it’s building on what the main game and DLC have done.

In terms of gameplay, I am definitely going to have fun filling in the remaining spaces in the Pokédex; especially the new monster Pecharunt. The presentation still doesn’t bother me a bit int terms of visual performance; as I continue to expand my retro game collection. I am definitely going to have fun with this epilogue.

On a less positive note, the Pokémon TV service will be winding down on March 28; with the app having been delisted on January 8 of this month. While I’m not entirely surprised given the trajectory of the market; I do wonder what will happen to the legacy content, and which streaming service it will wind up on. That’s also related to my last topic.

To close this out, I thought I would mention a development with the new anime. Earlier this month, it was announced that Pokémon Horizons would be delayed ever so slightly from its initial date of February 23 to March 7 of this year on Netflix in the United States. I don’t feel as strongly about the delay as others (since I’m not a huge fan of the new anime so far); but even I will admit it’s odd that it’s finally coming stateside just shy of 11 months after its debut in Japan. Personally, there’s a couple ways I’m looking at this. One, it suggests the strikes had a greater impact than I initially thought (Journeys and Distant Blue Sky were fortunate enough to be done in advance). Two, there could be something else going on behind the scenes (though I’m not at liberty to say what). I still reaffirm this- no English dub, no full reviews of Horizons. 

Anyway, that will be all for now; and I will give you a full review of The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero later this year after I have cleared the epilogue. Take care, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment