Saturday, March 22, 2014

Anime News with a spring fresh scent!

Hello again, and it is now spring. I am working on a new recap of Mega Man NT Warrior, it's just that I'm having trouble posting it. So, I thought I would share some twinges of anime news.


First off, the English dub of the surprise smash Attack on Titan is premiering at Anime Boston this weekend. The clips Funimation posted on their YouTube channel sound all right in terms of voice acting and adapting the original script, which is what I hope to see in most dubs I watch. My early impressions on the series itself are positive, but I will have to see more before I write an article on my thoughts further.

Next, is some good news and bad news regarding Pokémon. First the bad news: Chaung Yi, a manga publisher who translated some of the manga that Viz handled (Special/Adventures, The Electric Tale of Pikachu) and some they did not (Ash and Pikachu, Pocket Monsters) is going through bankruptcy. Their assets are being liquidated to other publishers. In particular, Viz has pledged to handle their lapsed licenses in the US. I hope I can get some of those manga volumes as their stock is being sold.

Last, the good news: Pokémon is now on Netflix. Following up on the franchise being put on Hulu, the anime is on Netflix, with Indigo League and Black and White available to US streaming audiences, as well as the Victini movies. This a deal for me, as Netflix is one of my go-to sites for streaming anime. I had been considering starting my membership back up for quite a while, now I have the last motivation I need, along with the lost season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Marvel Defenders series (not to mention Arrested Development).

That shall be all for now, now I shall try to get finished with posting the recap of "Count to Three."

No comments:

Post a Comment