Friday, March 25, 2016

FLCL Returns with New Episodes, Coming Soon to Adult Swim.

Hello again. Well, I saw Batman V Superman last night; and I personally enjoyed it. It may not have been as good as The Dark Knight or the Marvel films it was opting to emulate; but it should provide good footing for DC's planned slate of films in the near future in spite of the critical response.

Also, I'm about halfway done taking screencaps for my next recap; I hope to have it out before I go back to school on Monday.

Even so, I thought I would share a nice bit of news. It seems that a second and third season of the cult classic anime FLCL are being made for Adult Swim; in a similar manner to how the network previously got an exclusive second season of The Big O. The anime, which was produced by Gainax after Evangelion ended; was a way for the writers and animators to unwind after how intensive that production was.

Given how much I enjoy the series; I may consider recapping the full 6-episode OVA in the near future. Don't worry about me; I like it very much; and I love how hilarious and surprisingly heartfelt it is.

It's also a sure sign of how even if a series isn't always successful in Japan; sometimes it can be salvaged by a devoted following in the US. In fact, among the series that have been broadcast on Adult Swim, the higher-ups have outright it's their favorite of the anime that have been run; to the point where it's one of only two series to have a spot on the mural at Williams Street (the other being Cowboy Bebop).

If anyone is as excited about this as I am; please let me know. I'm going to get back to work on my next recap before I get too into my copy of Pokkén Tournament again. See you, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment