Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Regarding Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Hello again. I am working on my next recap; but I felt I could make a post about this to give you something.

On the date of the 20th anniversary; a Nintendo Direct presentation revealed the plans for the Pokémon franchise for the coming year.

Rather than Pokémon Z, the next highly-anticipated games in the mainline Pokémon series will be Pokémon Sun and Moon; out this holiday season to kick off the seventh generation and commemorate 20 years since Red and Blue were first released in Japan.

While not much is known at this time; I believe that these games will continue the precedent set by X and Y in attracting the aging original fan base as well as a new generation of fans and games.

I intend to preorder the games once I have the money; as they are among the many anticipated games on Nintendo platforms alone, set for release on 3DS later this year. I will let you know any further information as I get it.

Update: According to a video chronicling the history of the franchise on the official Japanese Pokémon YouTube channel, the games will be releasing during the winter of this year. See you, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment