Tuesday, October 11, 2016

General Update-October 2016

Hello again. To my dismay; I could not get this recap I've been working on out when I wanted, but I will have the first of a few pieces for Halloween out as soon as I have it finished. It is a positive recap of the classic "GeGeGe no Kitaro" by Shigeru Mizuki. Other material I have planned for this month includes Pokémon, Sailor Moon and Yo-Kai Watch. I wanted to do other things; but since I've been so busy with schoolwork, these would most likely be the easiest ones I could do to tie into the month's festivities.

I also have acquired the first of several planned DLC for Volcanion, and I have it downloaded in my copy of Y. The Sun and Moon demo goes live next week; I plan on downloading it as soon as that happens.

On that note, the next few Pokémon Generations shorts since I first made the mobile post on the matter in September have been excellent. It's amazing how much content has been able to fit in just these little 3-5 minute vignettes. The protagonists of the sagas highlighted so far (Red and Gold) have had little to no dialogue, yet I as a viewer am totally invested. No galoshes here, folks.

As for the planned rebrand for Pokémon Sun and Moon: I'm trying to keep an open mind even though it's difficult with how certain parties are reacting to it. I personally don't mind the school-based premise as a student myself; nor the idealistic tone. It's not the first time the show has been retooled like this; and it won't be the last. As for the new art style: I actually kind of like it, and that's coming from a man who considers redesigning artwork to be a crapshoot in itself. I didn't even hate the New Batman Adventures Joker growing up. It's more or less been confirmed that Lillie, the trial captains and Team Skull are going to be involved; and I hope they use them in a way that makes them stand out, especially with the precedent set by previous series. I also hope they include the character of Gladion as a way of rectifying the problems with Alain's character. If all else fails, I can't imagine it being worse than The Legend of Thunder.

So, I will have my next few pieces posted as soon as I'm finished with some big school projects that I'm giving priority to. I will also do some other easy material in November to prep for Pokémon Sun and Moon; tying into the island setting in some way. I intend to get those out before the game launches on November 18. See you, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment