Wednesday, October 5, 2016

An Early October Riff: More Pokémon Sun and Moon News, Halloween Recaps and more.

Hello everyone. Seeing as I'm currently studying communications and journalism this term; and the sales figures for Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls appear to be going up, down and sideways; I thought I would talk about a couple things going on this month.

First, there is yesterday morning's leak of information on Pokémon Sun and Moon. A video posted to the official Pokémon YouTube channel has revealed many new things about the games. They include the reveals of the Stage 1 evolutions of the Alola Starters: Dartrix, the evolved form of Rowlet, Torracat; the evolved form of Litten, and Brionne, the evolved form of Popplio. All three have designs that look very pretty; and are sure to be worthy additions to the game's growing number of new Pokémon.

There is also a Festival Plaza with a bevy of new uses for the Streetpass feature; something I appreciate immensely as a bit of a Streetpass junkie. The redesigned PC system, known as the Poké Pelago will allow your Pokémon to gain experience and find rare items and Pokémon. Most of all; there will be a demo coming on October 18; one month before the game's release. Much like the demo for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in 2014; completing it will allow you to bring over special items and Pokémon from the demo, including the Ash-Greninja form finally being made playable. With the form accessible via the new ability "Battle Bond"; I look forward to the prospect of bringing him over to the full version of the game.

Second, seeing as it's October; I will once again be doing various Halloween-related recaps over the course of this month. I hopefully want to get the first piece I have planned out by this weekend, with the last one out ideally by October 30. You'll just have to wait to see what I have in store for this month.

Lastly, because of my workload; I will have to officially put the Pokémon movie marathon on hold for the time being, though you will see me recap the numerous other movies in the near future from Jirachi Wish Maker onward. I am dismayed that I couldn't do as much as I wanted to once again, though I am at least glad with what I've put out so far this year.

So, I bid you all farewell for now. Bang.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXw5ZdKtTe0

No comments:

Post a Comment