Saturday, April 1, 2017

April Fools' Post-Future Plans, Pokémon Anime 20th annniversary, Season 2 of Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia Start Today.

Hello everyone. It's been fun over these past five years, but I'm going to be leaving on a journey soon. I will travel around the world in 80 days, with my journey taking me from Portland to New York; covering continental Europe, Africa and Asia (I will try not to get too caught up with having fun in Japan, since the Super Potato store by itself would be a toy store to me, to say nothing of the various Pokémon Center shops), before returning to the West in San Francisco, CA and going home.

...

April Fools! All joking aside however, I thought I would give you guys some updates on my old computer before class starts next week. Ideally, I want to get back on track with some of my plans for this year. Even though my situation is not the best technology-wise, I will try to get the ball rolling on more content starting next week. Not just more blog posts like this, I definitely want to do more recaps in my Pokémon movie marathon. In honor of today marking the 20th anniversary of the series' first airing in Japan; I will finally start up work on the recap of the Jirachi movie and begin catching up on what I started before the I Choose You movie is dubbed later this year. Given how I did the first two movies in 2015 and the remaining ones in the original series in 2016, I definitely want to do at least two of the movies for every one episode of the anime I do now (though you'll still see some whenever I need a breather from something else). Other content is TBD, though I do want to finish what I started with other series. I definitely have some choice words for the next episode of Code Geass R2 I plan on doing (you'll know why soon enough). As for Yo-Kai Watch: given how the second movie was quite taxing on me to do, I think I need a break from that series for now. I didn't plan on doing more of it until after the European launch of Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls on Friday, but I'll probably write something in regards to how viable plans to continue the series in the West past the second game might be then.

Also, it turns out among many series, two simulcasts of the highly-anitcipated second seasons of some of my most enjoyable anime have started today: Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia. Thanks to a partnership with Crunchyroll, the two series will be streaming within 1 hour of their initial airdates in Japan; but I plan to finish their respective first seasons first. Rest assured, I will probably look at some of the latter in the near future in a positive light, but I still stand by my decision not to look at the former (I'm also considering doing a Next Top 13 Anime I Will Never Recap to follow up this, as well as include some series I missed last time).

That will be all for now, I shall get to work on my plans as soon as you see this. See you, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment