Sunday, July 15, 2018

My Thoughts on #PokémonLet'sGo for Nintendo Switch (2018).

Hello everyone. I have been wanting to make a post about this for a while, but things have been getting in the way. That said, I shall now present my thoughts on #PokémonLet'sGo for the Nintendo Switch!

With development of Generation VIII on the Nintendo Switch, while speculation remains high for the next big installment in 2019; this remake of Pokémon Yellow will be launching on November 16.

Even though there is an isolated segment of the fandom that is skeptical of the idea, I personally think the games look quite fun. Much like my 3DS before, I definitely plan to get the Switch for this game; since I'm definitely eager to see how this will play out. My plan is to pick up the Pikachu version first with the Poké Ball Plus accessory, then pick up the Eevee version at a later date.

Overall, while I consider the idea of remaking a video game in itself to be a bit of a crapshoot; as it often is, but I am eager to see how this will work. I submit that with games such as Colosseum and Gale of Darkness on the GameCube, that we have done full 3D RPGs with console-level processing power before, we can definitely do it again. With the game making a solid launching-on point for new fans that are younger and coming in from the Pokémon Go mobile game, we are looking at a proverbial "blue ocean" of new fans in addition to people who have been there from day one like me. I even admit to finding the Stadium games on N64 and Battle Revolution on the original Wii fun. If all else fails, I can't imagine it being as bad as a "bulk standard" Ben 10 or Barbie game.

As an aside, I am glad that this year's Pokémon Go festival has gone better than last year's, and before I begin work on the remaining Pokémon recaps I have in mind for this blog; I will say this about next year's movie being a reversion of Mewtwo Strikes Back, known tentatively as "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution" (thanks to Dogasu for letting me know): all I want for it is to be good. Hopefully it will be a better "Evolution" than Dragonball Evolution.

That will be all for now, I will ideally have the next couple recaps I have in mind out before I go see my father in California. I will be getting on the plane on July 27, and I will come back on August 6. I just need a little breather before my next recap of Code Geass R2, and this is my way of taking it. Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment