Friday, April 22, 2022

Digimon Survive has a new release date, but will it stick?

Well, this is interesting; though not for the reasons I initially imagined I'd be writing about. Earlier this year; I talked about the curious case of Digimon Survive. I also stated that I'd be bringing new information as I get it; and now it's here.

Courtesy: Namco Bandai



The game, which has seen quite the upheaval in development; is now slated for release July 28 in Japan; with the release outside Japan slated for the following day on July 29. While this would not be a problem on its own; it would honestly not surprise me if the game was delayed again at this time.

However, there's another concern now: competition. Though summer may not typically be the most lucrative time of year for games, this year looks to be an exception. Despite divided reception to its preorder bonuses, Sonic Origins still looks to be a highly anticipated remaster on June 23. The biggest surprise would be the reveal of its NA launch overlapping with a game that was previously scheduled for September of this year: Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I may not be the biggest Xenoblade fan; but even I know how big that game can potentially be.

This begs the question: will the newest release date for Digimon Survive stick? Though the developers claim the July date is "fixed," I'm not certain. Between the delays already experienced by the game and the competitors I've mentioned (along with others I haven't); it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the game's release changed again. I also will recommend that everyone reading this try to temper their expectations about the game; and don't go after anyone who's excited for Xenoblade in case the release date is upheld. That will be all for now, take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment