Friday, December 2, 2016

Blog Plans-December 2016

So, I just had my last class period today; and I only have a couple more journals left to do before my final on Monday afternoon. After that, I will officially be off for Christmastime until winter term begins on January 9, 2017.

On that note, here are some of my blog plans for this month; in no particular order.

In light of the news that Code Geass will be reversioned for its 10th anniversary; I will continue with my look at Code Geass R2, since it's been a while since I did an episode of that and I can also use that as an opportunity to see how that section could be potentially improved. I've long suggested that the executive meddling the second half endured is one of the many reasons it wasn't as good as the first half of the series. R1 may have had its flaws; but R2 really got the shaft. Since some of the film adaptations of the Madoka Magica anime have also expanded the stories as well as boasting improved artwork; hopefully something similar could be done there.

I also want to make good on my plans to look at an episode of a Yu-Gi-Oh sequel series; given how I've had mixed feelings toward some of them. You'll just have to wait and see which one, since there are several potential ones I have in mind. I'll just have to watch some of my choices to determine which one would make a good recap.

I also want to do a banned episode of Pokémon I haven't yet to help ring in the winter solstice when it comes. I know I've done a lot of them this year on account of it being the 20th anniversary, but screw it. Given how heavy this year has been and how uncertain the future looks; it will be equal parts a Christmas present to me and to you as readers.

As for Yo-Kai Watch: what I have planned next is going to depend on how many more units the sequels will sell before Christmas. If Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls break 100,000 units in the US by the time I'm done with my other recaps, I will do the second movie. If not, then I will do the dub of the Christmas special after it airs on Disney XD tomorrow morning. The subbed version wasn't the best, but it definitely wasn't the worst one I saw either. At most, it was serviceable; and that's coming from a guy whose time in college helped start an annual tradition of watching online copies of The Star Wars Holiday Special (by the way, going to Rogue One opening night, should be cool).


There will also be some Top 13 lists to help close out the year, including revised lists of my favorite villains to do my own little version of that New Year's Evil that Cartoon Network and Toonami used to do when I was younger. Anything else will be done as I get it.

That will be all for now, and I bid you all season's greetings. Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment