Thursday, December 1, 2016

Rob Letterman to direct Detective Pikachu live-action movie.

So, still enjoying Pokémon Sun and Moon; as well as my Z-Ring, Z-Crystals and figurines. I'm almost done studying for my finals and finishing my journals; I would just give you a brief post before I go back to that. I will have another one soon with my plans for this month; but I will probably make good on them after finals.

It seems the planned live-action Detective Pikachu movie now potentially has a director in Rob Letterman. While I'm not sure what to think about the news based on the director's previous filmography (he co-directed Shark Tale, which hasn't aged well for me; co-directed Monsters VS Aliens, a movie I don't like; and directed Goosebumps, a movie based on a book series/TV show I'm not a fan of); given the concept, it could be a surprise. I still don't think it will be worse than the live-action Super Mario Bros. movie, all things considered.

So, after my last class period tomorrow; I will post my plans for this month; which will start getting done after my finals on Monday. See you, space cowboy.

Update: This news has now been confirmed by the official Pokémon website, and I still feel the same way. Even if I have mixed feelings towards Letterman's previous filmography; I think the movie could still surprise me in the same manner I was surprised by a movie that had a wisecracking, gun-toting raccoon and a talking tree as its stars. At worst, I can't imagine it being worse than the Super Mario Bros. movie. So, I will continue to talk about any new information as I get it. That's all for now. Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment