Friday, October 6, 2017

Pokémon News 10-6-17: More Ultra Sun/Moon News, I Choose You Dub Trailer 2, Aether Foundation in Anime.

Hello everyone. First, let me say that I am pleased that I have not only gotten the book I need for my class, but I also passed the first test on the material quite nicely. Second, I will be going on vacation in about 3 weeks, so I definitely plan on getting some of my planned material out before then; though based on where I'm going, I'm going to hold off on doing my "13 Things Wrong with Danganronpa: The Animation" for now.

In the meantime, I will share some developments that have come my way this week. While I just planned on covering the new footage from the second dub trailer of the I Choose You movie, now it will be addressed along with two other subjects: the new information revealed for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and the start of the recent Aether foundation arc in the Sun and Moon series.

The first episode of the arc aired in Japan yesterday, and showed the official appearance of Lusamine, as well as other scientists such as Faba, Wicke, and Professor Kukui's wife Burnet. The mysterious Pokémon Cosmog, AKA "Nebby" will also play a large part in the arc as it did in the games; and the series will also tie into the release of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, showing that Ash will have his Z-Ring upgraded into the Z-Power Ring as well as show Lillie in her second outfit. I also am eager to see what role that Gladion and Type: Null will play as it goes; and there are many hints at future events in the remixed opening theme, "Alola" (such as its evolution into Silvally).

On that note, a new trailer for the games was uploaded online yesterday, and has already passed over 1 million views and climbing on YouTube. It contains a boatload of new information, so I shall address subject matter that stood out at me. In addition to more information on the Ultra Beasts Burst and Assembly, we also have an entirely new Ultra Beast known as "Adhesive."

On top of that, we can now journey into Ultra Space to a new land known as "Ultra Megapolis," a land where it's always dark, even during the day. The reason is that Necrozma has stolen the sun from the world there. There are also new characters known as the "Ultra Recon Squad," who remind me of the Strangers from Dark City mixed with a lot of the tokusatsu villains I've seen. Specifically, the enforcers of Dulse, Zossie, Soliera and Phyco remind me of the Machine Empire from Choriki Sentai Ohranger and their counterparts in Power Rangers Zeo. While I do not know what their true intentions are, overall; every new piece of information gives me more ammo to refute the infamous article I fact-checked earlier this year.

Now, I will address more on the dub of Pokémon I Choose You, featuring some material from the second dub trailer. Once again, it may have only been a bit under 2 minutes, but a lot happens that they haven't shown in previous promos.





The only constant I will bring up is that the re-imagining of the "I Choose You" episode the film is named for is still quite impressive, since the same animators that worked on the XY series (a version I loved, by the way); as shown with the scene of the Rainbow Wing (which actually is rainbow-colored and not just red, white and green like before) falling into Ash's hands.




I am also keeping an open mind to the characters, such as Cross (he and Bonji still do not have dub names as of yet, I will write future posts as such once they do); who is this movie's analog for Gary as well as Damian. He also has a voice that sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. It sounds kind of like the one for Trip (the BW counterpart to Paul, whose condescending attitude may make him kind of an "a-hole," but again, he's not 100% a dick).



Overall, while I can understand how other people feel about the movie even if I don't entirely agree with them; I also know there's only so far you can get with nostalgic fan service alone. I actually kind of like how they're shaking things up a bit. I am approaching the film with a mindset of a young man with a bunch of video games in his hands saying to himself, "this could make a cool movie."




Regardless of whether or not I get into a theatrical showing of the movie, I still plan on covering it in full after I finish my look at the other movies. I definitely don't think it will be as bad as The Legend of Thunder (definitely beats the live-action Super Mario Bros. movie or any given Uwe Boll film). I can expect a nostalgic experience with enough new material to keep me from tapping the "member berries" (even Matt and Trey are retiring the joke in light of "Ready Player One").











So, that will be all for now. I will be seeing the new Blade Runner this weekend, and I am very excited given how the original is among my favorite science fiction films ever. Regardless of what I think of the movie, I will probably do a positive recap of the "Black Out 2022" short Watanabe did to promote the film after I get back. After that, I still want to do some stuff for Halloween as well as continue my look at all the remaining Pokémon movies from the Kyurem movie onward. See you, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment