Monday, December 11, 2017

Brief Thoughts on 2018 Pokémon Movie and Detective Pikachu New Information.

Hello everyone. Before you ask, yes I am still working on my remaining projects for this month; least of all my 13 Things Wrong With Danganronpa the Animation and my full look at Pokémon The Movie I Choose You. Plus, I am going to see an early showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi on Thursday evening, and I will do my favorite episode of Outlaw Star after I come back from it.

On that note, I will give you all some brief thoughts on the new information I was just given about Detective Pikachu and the 21st Pokémon movie. On the subject of the former, the film is scheduled for release on May 10, 2019; which means I can build my calendar to go see it then after Avengers 4. There is also a heavy hint of the video game finally being released outside Japan, based on a European rating leaked from PEGI. I would hope that a release in the United States won't be far behind, since the 3DS has been confirmed to be supported past 2018. Despite the claims otherwise, I believe the device can co-exist with the Switch as it did with the later days of the original Wii and all of the Wii U's run.

There has also been a brief teaser and poster released for the 21st Pokémon anime movie, which will be released on July 13, 2018 in Japan; with an English release presumably later that same year. The film sees Ash and Pikachu cross paths with a mysterious young woman. While there is already much speculation about the matter since the leak came, I am just going to give you what I think based on what I actually have. The film will see Kunihiko Yuyama hand the reins of director to Tetsuo Yajima, a figure who has been key to the series and played a large part in the XY series. Yuyama will still be part of the crew; and the film will have OLM joined by Studio WIT, who have animated very big hits in recent years such as Attack on Titan and Seraph of the End. Ash also has a very unique design, sporting an outfit that incorporates elements from all the previous versions, with his hat from this year's movie being retained.

Overall, I kind of like how the movies now seem to be doing their own thing from the TV show; and while speculation still is no clear indicator of how the movie will distinguish itself from the Sun and Moon series; the animation showed off in the 30 seconds of footage makes me eager to see what the full film will be like. I don't know what all I will be doing in 2018, but I will most likely cover the movie in some capacity. I will probably recap it after it's dubbed in English and given an official release in the US. Whatever the story will be like, I certain hope this lovely lady will take Ash and Pikachu on more of an excellent adventure than a bogus journey. If all else fails, I can't imagine it being worse than the Jirachi movie.

On that note, after I do my look at the I Choose You movie, my work on the series will go back to a "whenever I feel like it" basis, with my look at the series most likely doing a gym battle showcase for my next theme for episodes outside the Sun and Moon series, silly filler and episodes that disappointed me when I was younger. I will also continue to expand on some of the things I've done this year. I mean, Pilot Candidate and Yu-Gi-Oh The Movie were pretty awful, but I had a lot of fun writing about them.  I'm not retiring just yet, so I have plenty more material to tap before that happens. That will be all for now, and I will see you all later. Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment