Thursday, December 7, 2017

Detective Pikachu Casting Thoughts.

Hello everyone. First, I just want everyone to know that I have begun work on my various projects this month; and I will post them as they come. Second, I am also off school for Christmas, so I definitely want to be done with my remaining plans for 2017 before the year is out.

On that note, I thought I would briefly give my thoughts on the casting of the live-acton Detective Pikachu movie. The film will star Justice Smith of the Netflix series The Get Down as the male lead and Kathryn Newton of the TV series Pretty Little Lies as the female lead.

After some speculation, it turns out that Ryan Reynolds has been cast as the title role; and will provide motion capture and voiceover work for the character. While it would have been interesting to see how Danny Devito would have turned out, he apparently never heard of the franchise when the petition was delivered to him. Still, whether Pikachu is voiced by the Penguin or Deadpool, it should be interesting to see how this plays out amid Nintendo's plans to get directly involved in making movies. Filming begins this January in London; and I still think bringing the game stateside would be a lofty but plausible idea before the film is released. Even though the main series is moving on to the Switch, I am glad both Reggie and Kimishima are willing to support the 3DS past 2018.

That will be all for now, feel free to tell me what you think about this news; and I hope to have some of my plans done before too long. Plus, I'm going to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi when it opens next week; so I want to do my favorite episode of Outlaw Star to celebrate. You'll just have to wait and see what it is. See you, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment