Thursday, September 8, 2016

Brief Night Post: Going on Vacation, 18 Years of Pokémon in the US, Yo-Kai Watch Movie Recap.

Hello again. I just thought I would give a brief night post, since I'm going on vacation and won't be back for at least a week.

Also, in addition to today marking the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, it also marks the 18th anniversary of Pokémon first airing in the US. As one of my favorite childhood TV shows (along with Batman, Superman, and Beast Wars); I am glad that it's provided much material for this blog, both positive and negative.

Last, but definitely not least; the Yo-Kai Watch Movie is getting an English dub this October. I now officially intend to recap the movie before that point. While I have been critical of the anime before; I feel the movie is an ideal chance to officially make my point clear about how I feel about the series. I want to get the recap out before the release of Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls later this month. My Pokémon movie marathon can wait for now. I haven't really addressed a non-Pokémon movie since the Digimon movie my first year on the blog; but I feel it's appropriate. For the sake of sanity, I won't wait for the English dub. The subtitled version is readily available and I can at least work with more than a bunch of dated puns and Johnny Yong Bosch slumming it.

That will be all for now. Hey, write your own story. Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment