Thursday, January 12, 2017

Yo-Kai Watch The Movie: King Enma and the Five Stories Recap Coming Soon.

"Still, I don't plan on doing any more Yo-Kai Watch this month. I have some episodes on the table for some other time; a handful in my "maybe" pile, a fair number I'm definitely not doing and the second movie will be done once Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls break 100,000 copies sold domestically."

Well, seems that it's finally happened. As of December 3, 2016; almost three months after the games launched, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls have sold 110,000 copies in the US. This means that I now officially have the catalyst I need to do the second movie, "King Enma and the Five Stories" this year. I am currently occupied with some of my other projects, but I will be doing the movie in February at the earliest. I definitely have some choice words on the matter; and no one, least of all nameless trolls; the fans or people on Tumblr like someone I'm only referring to as Rupert Murdoch will change my mind about the matter. You want to try to get a rise out of someone, do it on Screenrant, not here.

Even though Hino has expressed interest in getting content for the US at the same time or before Japan, that kind of talk from anyone else has been highly conspicuous by its absence. I want to make clear that I have immense respect for him and Level-5 as a whole even if I'm not a fan of Yo-Kai Watch. The Snack World looks interesting, I am intrigued by his desire to expand on mecha from what he did with LBX: Little Battlers Experience, and I am very excited for Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom as my PS4 gets ever closer to shipping (the game will again be codeveloped by Studio Ghibli, hopefully they'll be able to pull off a similar experience of the first game being a movie from them in playable form). However, while he expects that the series will "bloom like a flower" in the coming months here, this doesn't work in favor for proving that. Since he said that statement, the sales have stagnated for the games at the "half-year" guess, so I honestly don't know what will happen in June. Ratings of the anime have also hemorrhaged since the peak of 500,000 viewers; and despite numerous markdowns on the toys, there still aren't many takers in my area.

All this and more will be addressed when I do my recap of the second movie; but not right now. I need to determine how long it will take to do what else I have planned as well as how much schoolwork I will have. That will be all for now. See you, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment