Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Blog Update/Plans-January 2017 and Beyond.

Hello again. Well, since my writing teacher couldn't make it to class because of this cold snap where she was living; the first meeting of the term has been called off until next week. So, while I sit here working on my stuff for News Reporting and watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier for the umpteenth time on FXX, I think I'll share some stuff I have planned for the rest of this month.

A lot of this is subject to change depending on how busy I'll be with schoolwork; so keep that in mind. Also, I had to deal with some troll earlier today who made some comment on my most recent Yo-Kai Watch recap. It didn't make a whole lot of sense; given how he apparently likes the series and claimed I sucked for liking Attack on Titan. This was odd for several reasons: 1. I'm not sure what exactly I would suck in that situation. Eggs? Lollipops? Jamie Kennedy's unmentionables? 2. Of the many pop-culture references I made in that recap (including ones the show itself made that I actually understood for once); that was actually something I didn't reference. 3. Yes, I like Attack on Titan; and I've also said that I don't plan on recapping it for reasons detailed here.

I just had to get that off my chest; since that's once again an example of opinion myopia that the fandom has had a recurring case of. They have a fundamental inability/unwillingness to accept that a fair number of people do enjoy post-apocalyptic dark fantasy anime and aren't guaranteed to enjoy one that tells oddball jokes; sells overpriced toys and makes dated references to Adam-12 that the target audience of 7-year-old-children won't get (I just turned 25 yesterday and I barely understand it; and that's coming from a guy who references The Big Lebowski a lot, though I at least link to clips of it in the off-chance someone reading my blog hasn't seen the movie). Still, I don't plan on doing any more Yo-Kai Watch this month. I have some episodes on the table for some other time; a handful in my "maybe" pile, a fair number I'm definitely not doing and the second movie will be done once Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls break 100,000 copies sold domestically. While I imagine they might be able to salvage things somewhat with the European launch in spring, I honestly don't know what lies ahead for the series. Even though I admit that 500,000 copies sold for the recently-released "Sukiyaki" version of the third game is respectable; Sun and Moon sold four times that amount since it launched in Japan. So, I don't see myself getting to more Yo-Kai Watch just yet.

Apart from that, I also plan to do another episode of Code Geass R2 next week because of certain events taking place then. I certainly hope that the planned remaster of the series fixes a lot of the elements that were shaky for me, since I feel that season had the template for a good follow-up to the first half before executive meddling ended up being highly detrimental to the story and characterization at the expense of the action. As for the R1: it had its own flaws, but overall, there's only a couple things you could remove from that part and I wouldn't miss them (such as The Stolen Mask and a certain infamous scene involving a table; which was wonderfully spoofed by Code MENT).

There are also a couple movies that I might do: I still might be interested in doing "Yu-Gi-Oh The Movie: Pyramid of Light" to help tie into Dark Side of Dimensions later this month, since I didn't really enjoy it when I was younger and even partially credit with helping end my Yu-Gi-Oh obsession when I was 12. At the very least, Dark Side of Dimensions looks like an improvement. I also hope to start the Pokémon movie marathon back up with the Jirachi movie onward; since that's my least favorite of the main films and I want to get it out of the way. Fortunately, while the films have had their ups and downs over the years; the AG films do get better from there, and overall, they are at least easier for me to sit through than most live-action video game movies (such as the infamous Super Mario Bros. movie).

Last, but definitely not least; I am also contemplating what I want to for my 300th post. Given how my 100th and 200th ones weren't what I expected to do; I'm going to keep my options more open this time. I won't say what I have in mind just yet, but I will say it will be something I've never done before on this blog and won't be related to anything else I've done either. You'll just have to see what I will do, because even I haven't decided what I'll do yet.

In any case, you are still free to agree or disagree with what I write;  just don't be a dick about it like some unnamed parties that I've had to block. My blog has been opinionated since I started it, and sometimes reading or writing something that goes against the grain of what others expect can help you grow as a person even if you don't always realize it when you do. That will be all for now. Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment