Saturday, July 15, 2017

Pokémon The Movie I Choose You Out Today in Japan, Final Pre-Viewing Thoughts.

Hello everyone. I have just finished taking the screencaps for first of several bad mecha anime I've been wanting to do; I should be able to hopefully have it written and posted soon.

On another note, today is officially the premiere of Pokémon The Movie: I Choose You in Japan. While the film is not without its detractors, overall; early reception to the movie seems to be positive.

Even though I've been keeping you posted ever since the film was announced, this post will be my final pre-viewing thoughts before I get back to doing the other movies from the Giratina movie onwards. I also want to make clear that I do not want any spoilers on the film. If I need more information, I will seek it out myself.

While there some liberties taken with the story, overall; it at least looks better than The Legend of Thunder. Besides, I'm actually among folks that would have been bored with a note for note retelling of the original series without something new to draw me in as a viewer. The animation looks simply spectacular, and given how early screenings from the movie in France and Japan have been well-received, I will definitely expect to enjoy the movie in some capacity as a longtime fan. I've also been pleased that these movies are among the better video game adaptations, and animation has generally had a somewhat better track record for adapting them than in live-action. I'm still going to do my best to keep my expectations level given how the movies and other parts of the anime have at least given me plenty to write about over the past 5 years, even when it's about material I've disliked. Given how the longtime actress for Satoshi (Ash in English), Rica Matsumoto was shown crying tears of joy during the premiere; I can definitely expect that it's a movie that I'll remember for a long time. If all else fails, I can't imagine it being worse than the Super Mario Bros. movie or any given Uwe Boll film.

Once I am done looking at the other movies I haven't done yet, I will address the movie when it comes to the United States. Going by the release pattern of the other movies since they started airing on TV rather than theaters here, I don't expect it to be on Disney XD until Christmas at the earliest. Much like going to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi, it will be an ideal Christmas present for the occasion. That will be all for now. Bang.


No comments:

Post a Comment