Friday, July 14, 2017

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters to launch in Europe this Fall.

Hello everyone. I am working on some bad mecha anime recaps; and the first one I have lined up is a doozy, to say nothing of anything else I've got on the table. I have also logged about 24 hours into this copy of Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls I picked up, and I am about to start a second file on it.

I also have something to share that I just found out not too long ago: rather than the gaps that the previous games had, it seems that Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters will be launching in Europe in the same time frame as the US this fall. This decision makes some sense, given how the series has been catching on much quicker there than in America (Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls have sold 130,000 copies there in just over two months, a figure that took much longer for the US to reach).

While there still isn't any word on localizing the third game or the Blasters spinoff title ("Busters" in Japan, presumably changed to avoid legal issues with Sony), I still submit that short of Level-5 publishing them on their own; if Psychic Specters doesn't sell here, it probably won't happen. Personally, I'm more interested in the numerous other titles coming out this year; and the RPG genre alone will have many anticipated titles coming out within the next 12 months. Even if I were to remove Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon from the equation (I'll address this development from their Japanese YouTube channel after the 19th), there's still the PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus (a game I absolutely love and is a major definition of the term "modern classic"), the Frozen Wilds expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn (probably going to pick up the game after it goes live), South Park: The Fractured But Whole (with a remaster of Stick of Truth that you don't even have to unlock) and Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (I am OK with Hino delaying it to make sure it plays well, it will give me more time to work on the first game). Bringing up other recent titles such as Fire Emblem Echoes and Ever Oasis would just be overkill.

I will keep working on my next slate of recaps, and I should hope to have the next ones out soon. Some stuff I will enjoy, others not so much. I also ran through the first season of the Yo-Kai Watch anime to determine which one's I'm not doing and which ones I will think about, and I will do the same for the dub's second season soon. There's also some subbed episodes I haven't tapped yet either, but I'm holding off until I find out what Disney XD is planning. I'm seeing a lot less promotion for it as a whole compared to Pokémon Sun and Moon, Milo Murphy's Law and the third season premiere of Star VS The Forces of Evil. That's all for now. Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment