Friday, November 17, 2017

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (3DS) Early Impressions.

Alola everyone. Well, I just got Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon today, and I thought I would give you my early impressions on them from the first couple hours of gameplay. In short: they are quite positive, and I can say that as the final installments on the 3DS and by proxy pure handheld consoles in general; they definitely seem more like they'll be an excellent adventure than a bogus journey. I can officially say that article I fact-checked earlier this year was mostly if not entirely wrong.


I have started with Rowlet in both games: In Ultra Sun, it is a female named Mako, and in Ultra Moon, it is a male named Nite Owl II. The games are not the usual direct sequels or enhanced versions that would normally be expected: rather, they're games that are set in the same fictional universe as the previous installments, but they tell a different story. Without spoiling anything: you may be surprised even if you're someone like me who loved the first installments of Generation VII.

As for the games being the last 3DS and handheld console installments: I will enjoy them, and there are other titles I want to play with the device being supported past 2018 (including ones I've wanted to since it first launched in 2011). Also, whatever lies ahead for Generation VIII on the Switch; I will be interested in it, as with other titles on the console. I will also still hold onto my Wii U for sentimental reasons, since Miiverse going dark doesn't bother me like it does some other people. That, and there's still plenty I want to do in Breath of the Wild (not to mention expanding my Amiibo collection).

I will give you more of my thoughts on the games as my playthrough continues, and I hope to have my look at the Volcanion movie done by Thanksgiving before I watch the I Choose You movie on Disney XD. I was pleasantly surprised to get some of the Ash's Pikachu TCG cards when I got my games today, and I will make a post with my initial thoughts on the movie after I watch it, with my full recap coming around Christmas. That will be all for now. Alola.

No comments:

Post a Comment