Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Brief Thoughts on Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (2019).

Hey everyone: while I work on some slight technical issues regarding my look at "Charizard's Burning Ambitions," I will give you my brief thoughts on Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution. The film will release in Japan on July 12, 2019; roughly 21 years after the release of the original film.

The movie will see longtime director Kunihiko Yuyama return to the helm, and it will be a reimagining of its original namesake as well as the first film in the franchise to be done entirely in CGI.

Though exact details are scarce at this time, I am definitely keeping an open mind as a longtime fan. While remaking any anime in CG is often a crapshoot (the 2016 version of Berserk comes to mind as what can go wrong), I am very interested to see how it turns out. If all else fails, I can't imagine it being worse than Jirachi Wishmaker. Hopefully it's a better "Evolution" than Dragonball Evolution, as I like saying as of late.

That would be all for now, I hope to have more out to you soon. Just a heads up as I continue writing my remaining content and get further in Let's Go Pikachu (just unlocked the Go Park, now I'm training for the Fuchsia Gym match with Koga). Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment