Saturday, December 15, 2018

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu (Switch) First Impressions.

After about a year of planning, about 3 million copies sold worldwide as of this writing (combined with Let's Go Eevee) and the first three hours of gameplay; I present my belated first impressions of Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu for my Nintendo Switch!

In short: they are very positive. I cleared the first gym battle in Pewter City in no time, largely thanks to a Bulbasaur I caught and named Titan. The graphics and sound have come a long way since the original Pokémon Yellow on Game Boy Color, and the integration of gameplay mechanics from the hit mobile game Pokémon Go has put a new fresh spin on the journey through Kanto that's engaging; yet approachable. I definitely can say that I will be keeping busy with my partner Pika and latest trainer avatar, Satoshi (for the series creator and Ash's Japanese name) well into 2019 while I wait for Generation VIII. Hardcore players may not find every feature that they're expecting, but trust me when I say it's far from a cakewalk either.

I can definitely recommend this game to newcomers, fans who haven't played in a while; people who want to try the games after playing Pokémon Go and to longtime fans who want something to tide them over until Generation VIII comes out. Before I go play more of my new game and console and work on my remaining posts, don't forget what happened to the man who got everything he always wanted. He lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment